Whenever you’re writing a blog post or any content that you want to rank, remember to write for the reader – not just SEO – and focus on what they need help with or want answered. Think about the topic from their perspective and organize the info in a way that will make the most sense to them. Google will be happy if your visitors can easily find the content they want.
Optimize blog posts for SEO and bring more traffic to your site without making it sound like a robot wrote it with these 5 simple strategies:
1. Content Strategy: Plan Topics
- Focus on topics specific to your services and relevant to clients
- Use Google Search Console, Google’s related searches, and Pinterest to find popular content
- Answer common questions from clients in a blog post to save you time
- Create and follow an annual content calendar to plan ahead
- Monitor blog post performance with Google Analytics and Search Console
2. Yoast: Optimize Purposefully & Naturally
- Use Yoast as a guide, not as a rule book. Don’t fit in the exact keyword phrase if it sounds unnatural or awkward.
- Keyword: specific, natural, and relevant
- Title: Include keyword phrase in a way that sounds natural and enticing to reader
- Description: write for the reader – not Google! This has no direct effect on rankings
3. Writing: Organize and Break Up Paragraphs
- Write in short paragraphs so it’s easier to read.
- Make sure content is easily digestible for reader.
- Use Heading tags to break up paragraphs.
- Link to relevant blog posts or pages.
4. Images: Resize and be Selective
- Resize images to 1500px or less in width.
- Use TinyPNG to reduce file sizes even further.
- Don’t let images push content down too far down the page.
- Add brief, but descriptive alt text to at least the first 10 images.
5. Promote: Share With the World!
- Don’t forget to share this content anywhere you can – not just once!
- Schedule for social media multiple times.
- Create social media-ready images for sharing – Canva is a great tool for this!
- Share relevant blog posts with clients via email when the content is similar to their vision or answers a question for them.
Time to Optimize Blog Posts for SEO Like a Pro!
Help potential clients find you on Google with these four SEO tips for Showit.
Jun 6, 2019